DIY: Sparkly StilettosThursday, January 29, 2015
With Valentine's Day right around the corner, it's time to dress up and add a little sparkle to your date night! By following my s...
With Valentine's Day right around the corner, it's time to dress up and add a little sparkle to your date night! By following my simple step by step instructions below, you'll be able to quickly transform your old pair of heels into new, sexy, glittery stilettos!
You Will Need
1) A pair of heels
2) Glitter (any color)
3) Mod Podge Gloss Lustre
4) A small paint brush (I used an eyeshadow brush)
5) Newspaper (I used my Memphis Flyer of course)
6) Painters Tape (or masking tape)
1. Tape around the body of your shoes so that you do not glue or glitter anything but the bottom soles of the heels. Place them over the newspaper so you can easy roll it up into a cone and pour the excess back into your glitter tube to reuse on the second coat (and to keep your work area clean!)
2. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the sole of your heel and sprinkle liberally with glitter. Allow this to dry for a good 15-20 minutes to allow the glitter to set.
3. Rinse and dry your paint brush and sweep the excess glitter off the bottom of the heel with the dry brush. Then apply another layer of Mod Modge over the glitter (don't be afraid to really cover it up so you have no blank spaces. (The MP will dry clear.)
4. Sprinkle more glitter and allow an overnight dry.
5. Paint one last final layer of Mod Podge over the glitter to seal it in. Once dry, you are ready to wear your new glittery heels without any glitter falling off!
Get your sparkle on girls! Happy Valentine's Day!